As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.!
Timberland holds the ultimate authority if you ask me about the mainstream fashion symbol of the work-wear backbone. Initially intended to give regular laborers reliable assurance against the rough components & materials.
Do Timberlands stretch? Yes, Timberlands stretch over time through wearing them more and more periods of an interval, causing them to break in. They gradually become softer and more comfortable.
In this guide, we will discuss more about the stretching of Timberland boots. So let’s get to know more briefly in detail!
Do Timberland Boots Stretch?
Like all leathers stretch with time, Timberlands also come in the same row. Between the period of 4-5 weeks, a break-in occurs, which is likely to stay throughout its lifespan. There is no alternative but to wear your shoes for break-in action.
I know you raised a question, “Then what the heck should I do?”
The solution is, to wear your shoes for a longer and longer time and see your boots becoming pleasant and softer.
How To Stretch Your Timberland Shoes?
Here are a few tips to help you out by stretching your shoes.
- Wearing your shoes: The impulse to flaunt your new buy will be gigantic. In any case, if you start with a couple of short trips, you’ll give your feet time to become accustomed to the new shape and feel of the cowhide.
- Using shoe stretchers: Shoe stretchers are best for leather shoes and boots except for sandals. They are a great alternative to your feet. You can fit them inside your shoes and let their jobs be done. You might leave them in their respective place as long as it can be to continue the stretching at ease for your boots. You can keep them in your shoes overnight at the best time.
- Buy a stretching spray: Every leather-based shoes stretch over time, but a stretching spray can get the work done at a faster pace. They are mostly alcohol-based, and as a result, your shoes won’t build water spots as it dries, and the dry-up process is significantly faster. For those who don’t have enough time to wait for the natural stretching process, this spray is for them!
- Use flub newspapers: It is the procedure that our Grandpa taught us. Take a newspaper or magazine and dampen it slightly. Pack the dampened papers into your shoes and keep them until they are completely dried up. But be aware of over-draining as it can damage the soles inside your boots.
Should Timberlands Be Tight Or Loose?
In terms of wearing boots, every one of us looks for a perfectly fitting pair of boots. Comforting shoes allow us to walk around comfortably and support us at our workplaces.
So, it’s a must!
- Fact: In the case of Timberlands, the boots can’t be too tight, which will hurt your feet. Again, it can’t stay loose which will cause your heel to come out of the boot.
- Usual tricks: The boots should fit you in such a manner that your toes have about an inch gap in front of them. The sides of your feet are not stressed painfully. Your toes are not allowed to slide in forward or to the end of your boot.
- Additional tricks: You have to try many things out like walking, sprinting, doing knee raises, and jumping to see whether you are comfortable. Also, check any stitching inside the shoes doesn’t dig into your foot.
As your leather boots will also stretch, your boots can be slight to the harder and tighter side at first. When the break-in occurs within your shoes, they will become softer and stretched out. It will likely tend to stay in that state for its lifespan.
How Can I Stretch My Timberland Boots At Home?
- Wearing your boots indoors or at home: It is one of the most helpful tricks to stretch your Timberlands as soon as it can. Put on a thick pair of socks and roam around with your favorite shoes a couple of times. It can be quite uncomfortable for you, but you will not have an objection thinking anent your long-term investment for your feet while having a short period out of your comfort zone.
- A spoon is a great weapon: You can fight against the hardness of your shoes by having access to a spoon. It doesn’t matter wooden or metal, gently rub the spoon to loosen any area that feels a little bit tight. In general, heels are the best spot to start with your spoon ready to be stretched out.
- Get access to a hair dryer: Yes, you heard it right. Simply schedule your shoes with a couple of sessions through a hair dryer delivering heat to those areas that feel slightly on the more rigid sides.
Heat causes the particles within the leather to stretch out and elongate. You can do the job with a hairdryer out of your wardrobe without burning the leather and keep it open until the shoe is cooled down and stretched
How to Clean Timberland Boots at Home Using Suede >> Check out the video below:
How Long Does It Take For Timberlands To Dry?
Your precious pair of Timberland boots won’t need more than 24 hours to dry out completely. No matter how wet they go during cleaning.
Boots can be wet because of rain or during a cleaning session. You need not to worry about anything because of its authentic leather quality causing no damage to your boots
Should I Size Up In Timberlands?
The general piece of advice you would need before buying Timberlands is to go down half a size of your usual size.
As told earlier, your shoes will add more to it’s beginning size by stretching up after a couple of weeks. So if you size up in timberlands while buying, you will most probably end up having it fitted loose on your foot.
Are Timberland Boots Useful For Downpours?
Yes, there are many waterproof boots available from Timberlands, but it is to be noted that one should not drench it entirely in water.
It gets strained especially if it’s not waterproof, and even the water-resistant ones can get strained if it’s tortured for an extended interval.
Of course, Timberland boots are popular and in fashion ever since they originated and are one of the most famous brands in this universe. The reason behind this is it’s unbeatable quality and durability.
So, we have discussed do timberlands stretch or not over time. With all that being said, like much other leather footwear, Timberlands can stretch or go loose as you wear them. In this article, we have covered the complete feature and various aspects of stretching Timberlands at a faster process.
We wish you a great time with the comfortable, functional, and damn cool pair of boots that can exist on this planet!
*** in this guide we write everything about timberlands stretching, if you are interested to read more guide visit our other article about Are timberland waterproof and how long timberlands boots last **
Rafayel Bryen is a lead content creator for Workwear Adviser. He is an expert on workwear because he had been into odd jobs. This is why he knows the importance of hard-wearing clothes.